How To Use SMS For Your Political Campaign
In 2008, Barack Obama announced that Joe Biden would be his running mate directly to 3 million voters by way of blast text message. Eight years later, in 2016, the Trump Campaign used blast text to great success with an incredible 99% total open rate, and an 87% open rate within the first 3 minutes of receiving.
Both candidates and many more, have gone on to successfully use blast texting to organize rallies, engage and inform supporters, not to mention generate massive scale donations from contributors all over the country.
Like it or not, blast text messaging is reshaping campaigns on both sides of the isle and turning tides on election outcomes. When you are campaigning for office, whether it’s the Governor's desk, or county sheriff, staying engaged with voters is the key to victory and no other platform offers such intimate engagement at scale.
Here are some of the most potent uses of SMS for political campaigns:
Besides the above, there are many other ways to engage your audience during your campaign. Some other examples include:
- List gathering via keyword (Example: Text the word "Jones2020" to 484848 to be placed on our list)
- Donate via keyword (Example: Text the word "donate2020" to send candidate Jones a donation)
- Peer-to-peer engagement through text messages
- Running polls or surveys via our convenient polling feature.
- Organizing and energizing volunteers.
- Sweepstakes via keyword. (Text "dinner" to 484848 for entry to win a dinner with your favorite candidate).
- Insider Perks. Make subscribers feel special by giving them early access to event tickets, select seating, meet and greet opportunities and more.
- Collect voter details. Because supporters tend to text back, you can easily ask for information about themselves. Use our customizable data fields to keep individualized details about your base!
As you can see there are loads of ways to successfully use blast text messaging for your political campaign. Its clearly been an election day game changer. But regardless of which way you wish to use texting, be sure to get professional assistance for your political text messaging campaign. Contact us directly for assistance. And be sure to follow both the federal, state and local rules of engagement.